The first Release Candidate images are ready to be downloaded by you.
We did our best to prepare these preview images including all the updates and the new features introduced since the last release, but now we need your help to understand how to make it even better, and of course we need your help to understand if there is something that doesn’t work as expected or something that absolutely needs to be included in the final release.
Is the Release Candidate working and usable? Yes, and it was awesome for us to see how all these new updates developed separately were able to work merged together in the new version.
If you want to be helpful and contribute to the new release as a beta tester, all you have to do is to follow these steps:
1) Browse our ISO archive (https://archive.parrotsec.org/parrot/iso/testing/).
2) Download the ISO files you would like to test.
3) Use the system as intensively as you can.
4) Write a full report with your own experience, your suggestions and your bug reports HERE
5) Send us your report within October 24 (the release day would probably be October 28).
Do NOT test the current version of Parrot (3.8)
To test the upgrade from a fresh install of parrot 3.8 to parrot 3.9 is not needed (we have already tested it, but if you want to have fun, do it anyway)
If you download the preview images and do not give us your feedback, your tests would be completely USELESS to us
We need you to test the testing images both in live and installed (your choice)